When considering a bathroom remodel, you may want to think about creating a space for assisted or independent living. Understanding your many choices is the first step. Here are some options to make life easier, regardless of age, illness or disability:
1) LEVERED HANDLES OR ELECTRONIC HANDS FREE FAUCETS – Traditional bath faucets require twisting & turning to operate and present a challenge to those with limited mobility. Lever handled faucets offer unparalleled ease of use.
2) GRAB BARS & HANDRAILS – Stable, decorative, (un-commercial looking) wall-mounted grab bars add safety and security to any bathroom.
3) COMFORT HEIGHT TOILETS – Sometimes a little assistance is all you need. Comfort height toilets are two inches taller but that added height makes all the difference when it comes to your sense of ease.
4) LAVATORIES/SINKS—Should be adapted to you, not the other way around. Wall-mounted vanities offer easy access and enhanced mobility for seated users. Over-hung lavatories can be installed at two different heights to accommodate multi-users.
5) BIDET SEAT – Hands-free cleansing bidet seats offer increased comfort and a refreshed feeling of confidence and well-being. They also aid physically challenged people from standing, reaching, bending and other movements that may be painful, difficult or impossible.
6) HAND-SHOWERS – Conventional wall-mounted shower heads are fixed in place, requiring you to bend and reach to meet the flow of water. Hand-showers allow you to effortlessly direct the flow of water, and can be hand-held or mounted on a slide-bar for hands-free operation. They are easy to use standing or sitting.
7) SHOWER & SHOWER BASES – Appealing products and well thought installation can meet the challenges of changing needs without sacrificing your home’s style. Many shower receptors offer a low-threshold and slip-resistant surface of easy access, confidence and safety.
THERMOSTATIC VALVES & TRIM – Pressure-balanced or anti-scalding thermostatic valve technology protects against unexpected fluctuations in water pressure and provide constant safe water temperature.
9) LOW STEP-OVER BATHS/WALK-IN BATHS – Offer full-access solutions that go beyond the ordinary. A line of step-over bath or walk-in baths are sensitively engineered to make the transition in-and-out of the bath as easy as possible allowing for a luxurious bathing experience with no compromise to comfort or style.
To create a space for those who may need a little more assistance, consult with your friendly experts in the plumbing business. They will advise and guide you to make an educated decision whether you are planning for the future or helping you make your home more accessible today so you can live safely and independently in the home and neighborhood you know.